Five Reasons You Need Vocal Lessons (Even If You're A Natural Singer)
If you are looking to pursue your interests in music, you are going to need vocal lessons even if you are naturally a good singer (which does happen!). Here are five reasons why that is:
- Just Like Your Body, Your Vocal Cord Needs a Workout: Just like you work out your body, you also need to work out your voice, or vocal cord for that matter. Being able to control the muscle groups that are associated with the coal cord is extremely important to a well-controlled voice. This way, there is a smaller chance of losing your breath or having a cracked voice while performing.
- You Need Vocal Fold Alignment: The alignment of the vocal fold is important, especially when you are performing a song where your voice goes from a thick presentation to a thin one. This is when cracking in the voice starts most often and many singers, especially those first starting out have trouble with this.
- Learn to Feel the Alignment: The way you are going to control your voice is by being able to recognize what that alignment in the vocal folds feels like. A good way to get a feel for this alignment is by fake crying. This is a great way to really feel where that sound is coming from that is more difficult to recognize when you are focused on the way your voice is sounding while singing. When you begin to understand where the sound is coming from, you are able to form more control.
- Exude More Confidence: With more control over your voice, you become a better performer since you will have the control to know that you are hitting all the right notes before they even come out. This gives you a bit more time and energy to focus on the performance. One reason some people don't do well with vocal performances is that they don't have the confidence to engage the audience, so this is important.
- Gain Ability to do More: Once you have control over your voice, you gain the ability to do more with it. You can change up the style of a song more easily to make it your own and you can find rhythmic and stylistic qualities that work better for you.
When you know these five reasons you need vocal lessons even if you are a natural born singer, you can begin to understand the true benefits. Contact a company like Lopez Studios Inc for more information and assistance.